Friday, October 30, 2009

A New Journey Begins

About 14 years ago a friend of mine came up to me and told me he believed that one day I would be oradined as a pastor. I laughed at his remarks and brushed them off. I had so many things to overcome and lots of wounds to be healed of to ever be a pastor. I knew I could do ministry but I could not see how I would ever be pastor material. For most of my life I was told I was not smart enough, I was not talented enough and I did not have what it took to be successful. Three years later I became involved with the Vineyard Church in Overland Park, KS.

Over the next 10 years I found healing for my wounds and those things I needed to overcome slowly became less and less. I got new confidence and dreams. I enrolled in Vineyard Leadership Institute (VLI) and I discovered through this hard intense 2 year college level adventure that I was somewhat smart, I did have talent, I had many of the qualities to become successful and what I lacked the Holy Spirit gave to me.

Next Sunday, September 13th, I will be recognized by Pastor Erik Kingsley of New Life Church in Louisburg, KS as his Associate Pastor. My duties will include overseeing Life Groups, Men's Ministry and Care Ministries.

At the age of 59 when many men are looking forward to retirement, I am excited and energized to be at the beginning of a new journey. I believe I have another 20 good years ahead. I do not want to waste those years just enjoying life but living life.

What about you? Are you really living your dream? Are you controlled by your finances? Are you a slave to a job that only pays the bills?

I encourage you to look deep inside and find that God given dream and get to work living it.

Please visit my REAL Men RoCK blog http://realmenrock.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment