Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Planting a Seed

Imagine a place where teens could go and get a smoothie, listen to a local band and even hear a short encouraging message for FREE. That is exactly what I think God wants to do in our community. More details will come when I understand where and what this place would look like and who might be involved.

The idea is a combination of a Christian style Coffee/Smoothie Shop and Book/Music Store that has a meeting hall for entertainment, other rental activities and maybe a place for a church to meet.

It is not a new idea and is somewhat patterned after the following:




2 comments:

  1. WHAT? You can't do that Larry,somebody might get the idea that having a relationship with Christ could be FUN! Then what will we use to make people feel guilty with?

    I love it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alton,

    Thanks for the comment.

    Tomorrow I have the day off and I am going to drive around Louisburg and take pictures of four possible locations of the center. Once I have them taken I will post them above.

    I kept dreaming that the room was full of teens having fun listening to their music and then to two that I requested such as "In the MIddle of Me" by Todd Agnew and "Sweet Broken" by Jeremey Riddle. Then I or another pastor would share a short direct message about Jesus. Then back to their music and more FREE Smoothies. In the dream they came back the next weekend and the next.

    I also kept dreaming how some adults might not find the idea of teens getting together and having fun unacceptable.

    I think God would.

    ReplyDelete