Sunday, August 1, 2010

180 Days and Now Moving Forward

On February 3rd I wrote a post about going into a 180 day period of waiting. During this time I have not served or sought to serve in a leadership role at church.

Last week as I was thinking about the end of this period, which comes tomorrow, I thought about what I have learned. This what I want to share today.

1. I learned that God covers our failures. Last June I made the mistake of serving because of a position instead of from my heart and a calling. That was a mistake and I did not do anyone any good in what I tried to do. If God does not call you to do something then most likely it is going to turn out to be a mistake. For me I am at my best when I am serving from my heart and for the right reasons.

2. I learned that one of my gifts is service. I am more alive when I am serving in some role. I know now that it is not important to be number one or even number two. What is important is using what the Holy Spirit has given to you in service to those who are in need of the benefits of that gift.

3. Receiving God's Grace is not a hard thing but it is a heart thing. Giving God's Grace away to someone who has hurt you is the right thing but it is a hard thing to do. It means laying down your pride and admitting you made a mistake.

4. If I am going to serve it has to be what God through His Spirit directs me to do.

Today is the eve of the end of my 180 days of waiting and not serving as a leader. I have no clue what the future holds but I am willing to let God show it to me.

Whatever happens I will be glad to do as long as it brings glory to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Another thing that has happened is my readership of REAL Men RoCK has grown during this time.

I believe that I am being called to do one of ministries Jesus began found in Luke 4:18 (New Living Translation) 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free,"

How that comes about or what that looks like is not my problem but being available, willing and responding when He reveals it is. 

 Check out post "Breaking Chains" at REAL Men RoCK.

You can be set free from the chains that bind you.

Amazing Grace from Craig Heitzenrater on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment