Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What Have You Overlooked?

I was just ironing a shirt which I have worn several times over the past few months. As I was running the iron over one of the sleeves I found a plastic tab that held the price tag. It struck me how I missed this both when I ironed the shirt and wore it before.

As I thought about that it dawned on me that often our character flaws are the same way. We live with them for years and do not even realize they are there. We tend to overlook our flaws as we notice those in others.

I will leave you with what Paul and James has to say about this subject.

1 Corinthians 13: 12 We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

James 1: 22-24 Don't fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear! Those who hear and don't act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment