Sunday, November 22, 2009

Is it an Opportunity or is it a Bother?

Tonight my wife and I sat down to watch a movie. Just as I began the movie I received a call from a local pastor. He toltd me of a young man who was at the Police station because his girlfriend had kicked him out of the apartment they shared. They had contacted a homeless agency but it was outside of the area they are allowed to travel. They needed someone to take this young man to the shelter.  Because I have shared with the local pastor my vision that I share here he called me. I contacted the Police and they asked me to come and help take the man to the shelter.

I would have to choose one of two ways to look at this situation:

1. What a bother, I just sat down with my wife to watch a movie and I do not need this. or 2. What an opportunity to share the love Jesus shared with me.

I believe God at times allow these types of things to happen to test us and see what we will think and do.

Monday, November 23rd - When I took this young man to the homeless shelter he was afraid of what he was going to experience.  Today he called me and shared with me how the staff at the homeless shelter were helping him and he was going to get some counseling and other help.

It cost me four hours of my time and some gas to help this young man but it was more than worth it because of the opportunity he now has to get some things straightened out in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment